Saturday, March 25, 2006

work, work, work

these guys were working so hard at T-square yesterday. keep in mind the summer olympics is being held here in beijing in 2008, so there is a lot of construction/refurbishing going on all over the city. these guys are pulling up bricks, notice the lack of tools, and throwing them all in a big pile. once they're all pulled up, they'll lay a new layer with new bricks. and this area is HUGE! our tour guide said the actual floor of bricks is 14 layers deep-of bricks! don't worry, these guys are just re-doing the top layer. but still-the workers are so old andhaving to work so hard. it's really sad to see the faces of the older generation here. they're so wrinkle-y; it's hard to imagine all they've been thru in their lives, it's almost like their faces say it all. i keep thinking how neat it would be to bring over a team of americans and all our advanced tools/machinery-and show these guys how to use it. i bet they've never even anything like what we have. wow! God truly has blessed america!

3 comments:

Brian and Eugenia said...

Howdy ya'll,
Wow, what a great homecoming to find out ya'll have left to pick up your princess. I would have gladly picked her up for you while I was over there. (just kidding...we did not have any D models) Oh, to add to the comments about waiting for every posting; I just yelled for Eugenia to get in here because there were new updates, and she quickly put me in my place by telling me that she had already read them because: "some of us actually care about our friends and check the website hourly!" Who does she think she is talking to me like that! She better get back in that kitchen!!! Oh wait, she might read this. Love you, Eugenia! Seriously, The three of you are in our prayers and we love ya'll. Please give Myah a huge hug and kiss for us.
Proverbs 3:5,6
Brian
PS, Do they have sweet tea in china?

Troy and Ginger said...

Hey Jenn and Kev,
When I first read this title, I thought it said "wok, wok, wok"! ha. Guess I am in the Chinese frame of mind. I am not sure if you are checking these comments or email but know I love you and am constantly thinking of you and waiting anxiously for that first picture of Myah. Love,Ginger

The Applejuice Family said...

Kevin and Jen,

Well, it is 1:44 a.m. and Regan woke up (like for the second time ever) and actually went you-know-what in the you-know-where and went back to bed, and I ran to the computer to check if there was an update, and YEA!! You will have to reassure big Steve that I am checking your website and NOT doing naughty things on the computer in the middle of the night!! HA HA I bet you two are so tired, but the more sightseeing you do the closer you are to Myah!! Continue with the updates - I honestly think all of AMERICA is checking this out. We are all praying for you.

Love you,

The Applegates

P.S. We had Carl's Jr. for dinner tonight. What did you have? I bet it starts with an R and ends with an E.